Tactical lights are an essential tool for law enforcement, military personnel, hunters, and outdoor enthusiasts. They provide a powerful beam of light that can illuminate dark areas and help users navigate through challenging environments. Tactical lights come in various sizes, shapes, and designs, but they all share the same objective: to provide reliable and efficient lighting in critical situations.
When it comes to tactical lights, there are many options available in the market. However, the Streamlight ProTac HL-X stands out. These models have been tested and proven to deliver exceptional performance, durability, and versatility.
One critical factor to consider when purchasing a tactical light is its brightness. The brightness of a tactical light is measured in lumens, and a higher lumen count means a brighter beam. Another important consideration is the battery life, as tactical lights need to operate for extended periods without needing frequent battery replacements.
In this article, we will provide an in-depth review of the Streamlight ProTac HL-X, their Rail Mount, the standard HL-X, and their USB version. Whether you are a law enforcement officer, a hunter, or an outdoor enthusiast, we have got you covered.
Best Tactical Lights
We’ve researched and tested some of the most popular tactical lights on the market to bring you our top picks. Whether you’re in law enforcement, the military, or just looking for a reliable light for your next outdoor adventure, these tactical lights are sure to meet your needs. Read on to find out which one is the best fit for you.
We highly recommend the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X for those looking for a durable and reliable weapon-mounted light with high lumen output.
- The rail clamp is easy to attach and detach from MIL Standard 1913 Rails without the need for tools.
- The light features TEN-TAP programming with three user-selectable programs for versatility.
- Dual fuel technology allows the light to run on either two CR123A lithium batteries or one Streamlight rechargeable 1865 battery.
- The tail cap switch may switch on with slight touch or knock.
- The coating is not very well done.
- The price may be a bit steep for some users.
The Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X is a lightweight and compact weapon-mounted light with a high lumen output of 1000, making it ideal for tactical situations. The rail clamp is easy to attach and detach from MIL Standard 1913 Rails without the need for tools, and the light features TEN-TAP programming with three user-selectable programs for versatility. Dual fuel technology allows the light to run on either two CR123A lithium batteries or one Streamlight rechargeable 1865 battery. However, the tail cap switch may switch on with slight touch or knock, and the coating is not very well done. The light may also be a bit expensive for some users. Overall, the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X is a reliable and durable weapon-mounted light that is worth the investment.
If you are looking for a reliable tactical light, we highly recommend the Streamlight ProTac HL-X. It is a versatile flashlight that can be used for everyday carry, as well as for tactical situations.
- The 1000-lumen brightness is incredibly powerful and illuminates a wide area.
- The tactical tail cap switch allows for easy momentary or constant on operation, and the pocket clip makes it convenient to carry.
- The aluminum housing is extremely durable and abrasion-resistant, and the flashlight is IP68 rated, making it both dust-tight and waterproof up to 2 meters.
- The battery life could be longer, especially when using it on the highest brightness setting.
- The flashlight can be a bit heavy, which may make it uncomfortable to carry for extended periods.
- The user-selectable programs can be confusing to navigate at first.
We have used the Streamlight ProTac HL-X in a variety of situations, from camping trips to nighttime walks, and it has never let us down. The brightness is impressive, and the tactical tail cap switch makes it easy to use in any situation. The aluminum housing is also incredibly durable, and we have dropped it multiple times without any damage.
The only downside we have found is that the battery life could be longer, especially when using it on the highest brightness setting. However, the flashlight is compatible with Streamlight’s SL-B26 rechargeable system, which can be purchased separately.
Overall, we highly recommend the Streamlight ProTac HL-X for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile tactical light.
We highly recommend the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X USB for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile tactical light for their weapon.
- The high mode provides an impressive 1,000 lumens of brightness with a long beam distance of 332m.
- The TEN-TAP programming allows for easy customization of the light’s three operating modes.
- The included rechargeable USB batteries and USB cord make it convenient to charge the light on the go.
- The rail clamps may not fit all types of rails, so it’s important to check compatibility before purchasing.
- The light may be too large and heavy for some users.
- The included pressure switch may not be as durable as some users would like.
We were impressed with the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X USB’s performance and versatility. The high mode is incredibly bright and provides ample illumination for any situation. The TEN-TAP programming allows for easy customization of the light’s operating modes, which is a nice touch. The rechargeable USB batteries and USB cord make it convenient to charge the light on the go. However, it’s important to note that the rail clamps may not fit all types of rails, so it’s important to check compatibility before purchasing. Additionally, the light may be too large and heavy for some users, and the included pressure switch may not be as durable as some users would like. Overall, we believe the Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount HL-X USB is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and versatile tactical light for their weapon.
When it comes to choosing the best tactical light, there are several key features to consider. We’ll break down these features to help you make an informed decision.
One of the most important factors to consider is brightness. A tactical light should be bright enough to illuminate your surroundings and blind an attacker. Look for lights with a high-lumen output, but keep in mind that brightness isn’t everything. A light with a high lumen output but poor beam quality won’t be as effective as a light with a lower lumen output but a well-focused beam.
Tactical lights are designed to withstand harsh conditions, so durability is a must. Look for lights made with high-quality materials that can withstand drops, impacts, and exposure to water and dust. A light with an IPX8 rating is ideal, as it can withstand being submerged in water.
Battery life is another important factor to consider. Look for lights with long battery life or the ability to recharge quickly. A light with a short battery life can leave you in the dark when you need it most.
Size and Weight
The size and weight of a tactical light can affect its usability. Look for lights that are lightweight and easy to carry, but also large enough to provide a comfortable grip. A light that’s too small can be difficult to hold onto, while a light that’s too large can be cumbersome to carry.
Finally, consider any additional features that may be important to you. Some lights come with strobe or SOS modes, while others have adjustable brightness levels. Look for lights with features that will be useful to you in your specific situation.
By considering these factors, you can choose a tactical light that will meet your needs and provide reliable performance when you need it most.